Here’s a simple list to help you prepare for storm season-
1. Have your roof inspected by a professional to make sure that you don’t have torn, damaged or missing shingles.
2. Have all the flashings, vents and pipes checked and resealed. Have your fireplace flue or chimney inspected and repaired as necessary.
3. Trim trees and branches at least 3 feet away from the roof surface to avoid damage to your shingles and potentially to the structure of your roof.
4. Have your gutters and downspouts cleaned of all leaves, branches and debris. P
5. Prepare your storm shelter and review your family’s emergency plans NOW!
6. Review your home and business owners insurance policies to make sure that your coverages are in tiptop shape before the storm!